Get Prepared for Your Underwater Adventure!
If you've registered for Beginning Scuba with Aquatic Adventures, here are the things you need to do to get ready for your class.
Get prepared for your Beginning Scuba course by completing the PADI Open Water Diver Checklist below. Success in your scuba lessons at Aquatic Adventures is dependent on completion of each item on the checklist. This must be done before your first day of class. Our professional training staff is committed to fostering a safe, positive environment for you to learn in. To accomplish this goal we need your cooperation in ensuring you are ready.
Get excited! You are about to begin the greatest adventure of your life!
- Verify Medical Fitness
There are some medical conditions that are contraindications to scuba diving. Do not use any of your course materials if you have any medical issues that could prevent you from taking scuba training. If you use your materials, we cannot refund them later if it turns out you cannot participate in scuba.
Complete Your Student Record File
- Begin by reviewing the Medical Statement inside the Student Record File included in your participant package. The form can also be found on our Medical Statement page. If you answer “Yes” to any item on the Medical Statement you will not be allowed to participate in pool or open water training without a physician’s approval.
- If you answer “Yes” to any item listed on the Medical Statement, download the RSTC Medical Statement from the Aquatic Adventures Forms page. Have a medical doctor sign this form, certifying that you are fit for diving. You will not be allowed to participate in class without a physician’s approval. There are no exceptions.
Complete the following sections of the Student Record File included in your training materials: Student Profile, Emergency Contact Information, Medical Statement, Standard Safe Diving Practices, and the Liability Release. This is often completed when you register for class. If you registered for your class online, you will need to make arrangements to visit Aquatic Adventures as soon as possible to complete all of the necessary paperwork for your class.
Complete the Aquatic Adventures Policies and Liability Packet
Sign the Learning Agreement and the policy agreements for class attendance and equipment rental for Aquatic Adventures. This is often completed when you register for class. Again, if you registered online, you should make arrangements to visit Aquatic Adventures soon.
Complete PADI Open Water Diver Touch (Academic)
As part of the sign up process for Beginning Scuba, you will be provided access to the PADI Open Water Diver Touch course. Check your email for a message from PADI with the links for installing the Touch program. See our PADI eLearning page for additional information relating to your online training. If you do not receive an email from PADI, call Aquatic Adventures at (262) 938-6827.
Get Sized for Equipment Prior to Class
- Complete all PADI Open Water Diver Touch knowledge reviews, quizzes, and exams. Most students require 10 to 15 hours to complete the eLearning program.
- When you complete the eLearning course, print off the eRecord of the scores that you received after completing the program. Bring this printout with you to your first class.
- A Quick Review quiz will be administered during your first class to confirm your understanding of the material from the eLearning course. Please complete the entire program before you arrive to ensure you are ready to take the quiz.
You will need about 60 minutes to work with an Aquatic Adventures staff member on equipment sizing before starting your class There will not be time during class to take care of sizing, so visit Aquatic Adventures a week or two before your first class to complete this task. During this session, you will need to:
Bring Your Student Kit to Class
- Get fitted for a BCD and wetsuit
- Purchase personal gear (mask, snorkel, fins and boots)
You will need your logbook for classroom, pool, and open water training. You will need your eRecord for the classroom session.
Be On Time for Class
To complete your certification, you must attend all classroom, pool and open water sessions. Please note that students who arrive late may not be allowed to continue with the rest of the class. This will result in additional charges to you and could delay your certification.
Maintain the Learning Pace of Your Class
Our schedule is set so that the average student will be successful in completing this class. Sometimes students require additional time. If you are having trouble maintaining the pace of the class, your instructor may suggest that you consider private instruction. It is also possible that you may feel more personal instruction would make you feel more confident. Should you need special instruction, Aquatic Adventures will work with you to set up private sessions. Please note that this could mean spending some additional time in class and/or paying private fees.
If you have any questions about your class, please call Aquatic Adventures at (262) 938-6827 or email our Training Department at email@example.com
. Thank you for choosing Aquatic Adventures for your scuba training. We look forward to seeing you in class.
Not yet registered for a Beginning Scuba course? Then select a date from the table below and start your underwater adventure today!
Dates for upcoming beginning scuba classes are provided below. If these dates do not work, select the 01 JAN class. Someone from our staff will call you to arrange another date. Customized schedules can be arranged for an additional fee. Remember that to complete your beginning scuba certification you will need to choose both a pool date and an open water date.