Riding the Current
Travel with Aquatic Adventures and discover how to use ocean currents to glide along on a dive in the PADI Drift Diver Specialty course. Learn how relaxing and exhilarating drift diving can be when you have the right skills.
Discover the benefits, advantages, risks and disadvantages of drift diving in the PADI Drift Diver specialty course. Under the supervision of your PADI instructor, you will learn controlled, effortless flight underwater by making dives in a current, drifting with the current and interacting responsibly with aquatic life.
What the Course Covers
In the PADI Drift Diver Specialty course you will learn the procedures and techniques used to conduct drift dives. You will discover the importance of communication both above water and below in planning and executing drift dives.
During your training, you will do 2 open water dives in an ocean current location. You will learn:
- Why divers drift dive and its advantages and disadvantages
- What the four types of drift diving environments are and what causes currents
- What types of drift diving and surface supervision are necessary to drift dive safely
- What types of diving equipment are needed for drift diving
- How to use a boat for drift diving
Expand your understanding and appreciation of drift diving. Sign up for the PADI Drift Diver class today.
What’s Included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following:
- One classroom session
- Two open water dives
- PADI Specialty certification fee
What’s Not Included
- We do not include course DVDs. Most PADI specialties require you to view a video. Check with one of our training consultants by calling (262) 938-6827 to find out if this course requires you to view a DVD. If so, you can elect to purchase a DVD from Aquatic Adventures or come to the store to watch the video prior to your classroom session or open water dives.
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins page for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We also do not include entrance fees to dive sites or travel fees to dive destinations. See our Trips and Charters page for a list of upcoming travel destinations.
For more information on the benefits of taking PADI Specialty courses, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Dates for upcoming classes are provided below. If these dates do not work, select the 01 JAN class. Someone from our staff will call you to arrange another date. Customized schedules can be arranged for an additional fee.