Dive Under the Ice
Discover the exhilaration of diving below the ice in the PADI Ice Diver Specialty course. Whether you are a curious explorer or someone looking to join a rescue team, the Ice Diver Specialty course will take your diving to a whole new level. Join our next class by booking a spot today!
If unique and challenging scuba dives appeal to you, then the PADI Ice Diver Specialty course may be just what you are looking for. Imagine diving under the ice with a crystal dome above you, playing with your bubbles trapped against the ice, or swimming through crystal clear water. The PADI Ice Diver Specialty course will take your diving to a whole new level!
What the Course Covers
In the PADI Ice Diver Specialty course, you will learn the roles and responsibilities of support personnel, tenders, and safety divers. You will also discover the importance of site selection and preparation, the effects of cold, and emergency procedures and equipment handling needed to do ice dives.
During your training, you will do 3 open water dives over 2 days. You will practice:
- Using ice diving equipment and safety lines
- Signals and communications along with line tending and line-securing techniques
- Handling problems
- Safety diver procedures
Get ready to experience something most divers will never do. Book a PADI Ice Diver class today!
What’s Included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following:
- One classroom session
- Three open water dives
- PADI Specialty certification fee
- Use of tanks and weights
- Use of ice diving safety equipment
What’s Not Included
- We do not include the following dive equipment. You will need to own an underwater pencil, an underwater flashlight, and a dive knife for this course. If you do not own the necessary dive equipment you can purchase it at Aquatic Adventures.
- We do not include course DVDs. Most PADI specialties require you to view a video. Check with one of our training consultants by calling (262) 938-6827 to find out if this course requires you to view a DVD. If so, you can elect to purchase a DVD from Aquatic Adventures or come to the store to watch the video prior to your classroom session or open water dives.
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins page for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We also do not include entrance fees to dive sites or Lake Michigan charter fees. A discounted charter rate is available for students upon request. Students are encouraged to book their Lake Michigan charter when registering for classes conducted on Lake Michigan. Boats do fill up and all spots are issued on a first come first served basis.
For more information on the benefits of taking PADI Specialty courses, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Dates for upcoming classes are provided below. If these dates do not work, select the 01 JAN class. Someone from our staff will call you to arrange another date. Customized schedules can be arranged for an additional fee.