Experience Underwater Night Life
If you want to experience unique marine life and learn techniques for safely diving at night, then the PADI Night Diver Specialty course is for you. Discover a whole new world underwater. Sign up for the PADI Night Diver today!
Imagine for a moment what your favorite dive site might look like in the dark. Consider what new marine life you might discover or how the marine life you normally see may change in the dark. These are some of the reasons divers are drawn to diving at night.
What the Course Covers
In the PADI Night Diver course, you will learn about the various types of nocturnal aquatic life you will discover in saltwater and freshwater environments. You will also learn about what equipment is needed to dive at night and how to communicate with your buddy in the dark.
During your training, you will do 3 open water dives. You will learn:
- How to navigate on a night dive
- How to care for a dive light
- What lights are necessary to safely dive at night
- How to choose the best dive site for a night dive
- What general planning considerations are needed for night diving
- What to do if your light fails during a night dive
What’s Included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following:
- PADI Specialty manual
- One classroom session
- Three open water dives
- PADI Specialty certification fee
- Use of tanks and weights
What’s Not Included
- We do not include the following dive equipment. You will need to own an underwater pencil, an underwater flashlight, and a dive knife for this course. If you do not own the necessary dive equipment you can purchase it at Aquatic Adventures.
- We do not include course DVDs. Most PADI specialties require you to view a video. Check with one of our training consultants by calling (262) 938-6827 to find out if this course requires you to view a DVD. If so, you can elect to purchase a DVD from Aquatic Adventures or come to the store to watch the video prior to your classroom session or open water dives.
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins page for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We also do not include entrance fees to dive sites or Lake Michigan charter fees. A discounted charter rate is available for students upon request. Students are encouraged to book their Lake Michigan charter when registering for classes conducted on Lake Michigan. Boats do fill up and all spots are issued on a first come first served basis.
For more information on the benefits of taking PADI Specialty courses, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Dates for upcoming classes are provided below. If these dates do not work, select the 01 JAN class. Someone from our staff will call you to arrange another date. Customized schedules can be arranged for an additional fee.