Find What You are Looking For
Have you ever dropped something off a dock? Has someone you know dropped something off their boat? If you have ever lost something in the water and have wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you.
If you have ever lost something underwater and want to find it, there are effective ways to search. In the PADI Search and Recovery Diver specialty course, you will learn how to conduct an effective search based upon bottom composition and topography and then raise the object from the bottom.
What the Course Covers
In the PADI Search and Recovery Diver specialty course, you will learn how to effectively search for and raise objects weighing 10 to 100 pounds. You will learn what equipment is needed for an effective search and the importance of proper search planning. During your training, you will do four open water dives. You will learn:
- How to tie knots needed for proper rigging
- What the proper procedures are for using a lift bag
- How to conduct a methodical search using a U-pattern, expanding square, and jackstay search patterns
- What the criteria are for selecting the best search pattern
- How to organize, plan, and conduct an effective search
What’s Included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following:
- PADI Specialty manual
- One classroom session
- Up to 4 open water dives
- PADI Specialty certification fee
- Use of tanks and weights
What’s Not Included
- We do not include the following dive equipment. You will need to own an underwater pencil, an underwater flashlight, a dive knife, and a lift bag for this course. If you do not own the necessary dive equipment you can purchase it at Aquatic Adventures
- We do not include course DVDs. Most PADI specialties require you to view a video. Check with one of our training consultants by calling (262) 938-6827 to find out if this course requires you to view a DVD. If so, you can elect to purchase a DVD from Aquatic Adventures or come to the store to watch the video prior to your classroom session or open water dives.
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins page for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We also do not include entrance fees to dive sites or Lake Michigan charter fees. Students are encouraged to book Lake Michigan charters at the time of registration for classes conducted on Lake Michigan. Boats do fill up and all spots are issued on a first come first served basis.
For more information on the benefits of taking PADI Specialty courses, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Dates for upcoming classes are provided below. If these dates do not work, select the 01 JAN class. Someone from our staff will call you to arrange another date. Customized schedules can be arranged for an additional fee.