Learn Tank Configurations
Find a new and different way to configure your cylinders with the PADI Sidemount Diver course. You are able to move the cylinder from your back to your side and instantly take the pressure off of your back. This also gives you more flexibility to move and to enjoy your dive. Plus, you don’t have to walk to the dive site with the cylinders on your back. You can enter the water and clip them on and go. Give your back a break, book a PADI Sidemount Diver Class today!
What the Course Covers
Sidemount diving offers:
- An alternative way to streamline in the water
- Easier equipment transportation when topside
- Reduced lower back strain
- Provides redundant gas supply
- Ability to monitor all equipment because it’s in front of you
- Increased gas supply for longer dives
To take this course you must be/ have:
What's Included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following:
- PADI Specialty manual
- Pool entrance fee
- Three open water dives conducted under the direction of a PADI instructor
- PADI Specialty certification fee
- Use of tanks and weights
What's Not Included
- We do not include the following dive equipment. You will need to own mounting equipment for this class. We also recommend owning your own scuba tanks. If you do not own the necessary dive equipment you can purchase it at Aquatic Adventures.
- We do not include course DVDs. Most PADI specialties require you to view a video. Check with one of our training consultants by calling (262) 938-6827 to find out if this course requires you to view a DVD. If so, you can elect to purchase a DVD from Aquatic Adventures or come to the store to watch the video prior to your classroom session or open water dives.
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins pages for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We do not include entrance fees to dive sites. This includes but is not limited to park entrance fees, travel, or parking fees as these fees can vary and are not under our control.
For more information on the benefits of taking PADI Specialty courses, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Dates for upcoming classes are provided below. If these dates do not work, select the 01 JAN class. Someone from our staff will call you to arrange another date. Customized schedules can be arranged for an additional fee.