Look Closer to See More
Take the PADI Underwater Naturalist specialty class and learn to look closer and see more on your next dive. Search for symbioses, predator/prey, and other relationships between aquatic plant and animal life. Learn not just what fish and animals are, but how they interact with each other and the environment. Learn why some creatures behave the way they do and what their role is in the aquatic ecosystem. Book an Underwater Naturalist class today!
What the Course Covers
Learn about why some creatures behave the way they do and what their role is in the aquatic ecosystem. What you'll learn:
- The major aquatic life groupings, interactions, and information that dispels myths
- The role of aquatic plants, food chains, and predator-prey relationships
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
- The underwater naturalist’s view of organisms and their roles in the environment
Then you will put this information into practice during two open water dives.
To take this class you must be/ have:
What's Included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following:
- PADI Specialty manual
- Two open water dives conducted under the direction of a PADI instructor
- PADI Specialty certification fee
- Use of tanks and weights
What's Not Included
- We do not include the following dive equipment. You will need to own an underwater pencil, an underwater flashlight, and a dive knife for this course. If you do not own the necessary dive equipment you can purchase it at Aquatic Adventures.
- We do not include course DVDs. Most PADI specialties require you to view a video. Check with one of our training consultants by calling (262) 938-6827 to find out if this course requires you to view a DVD. If so, you can elect to purchase a DVD from Aquatic Adventures or come to the store to watch the video prior to your classroom session or open water dives.
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins pages for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We do not include entrance fees to dive sites. This includes but is not limited to park entrance fees, travel, charters, or parking fees as these fees can vary and are not under our control.
For more information on the benefits of taking PADI Specialty courses, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Dates for upcoming classes are provided below. If these dates do not work, select the 01 JAN class. Someone from our staff will call you to arrange another date. Customized schedules can be arranged for an additional fee.