Product Name: PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
Product Manufacturer: PADI
Product Numbers: AOW
In the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course, you will complete a total of five adventure dives including a required deep dive (below 60 feet) and navigation dive (compass use). Prior to diving, you will be asked to complete the knowledge review in the Adventures in Diving textbook that corresponds to the dives being conducted. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration for a list of the dives you will be doing, or see our Calendar for course details.
Typical course schedule
The typical course scheduled at Aquatic Adventures is a single classroom session during the week followed by a weekend of diving where 3 dives are performed at an inland lake (normally Peak Performance Buoyancy, Navigation, and Search & Recovery) on Saturday and 2 dives are performed on Lake Michigan (Wreck and Deep) on Sunday. The selection of dives for the course varies depending on our destination on Lake Michigan or if you take your course on one of our dive vacations. For more information on course schedules, email our training department at email@example.com.
- 12 years old or older
- PADI Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another agency
- Logged open water dive within the last 3 months, OR
- Completion of the PADI Scuba Review course within the last 8 weeks
What’s included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following:
- PADI Adventures in Diving manual
- PADI Advanced Open Water Slate
- Five open water dives conducted under the direction of a PADI instructor
- PADI Advanced Open Water certification fee
- Use of tanks and weights
What’s not included
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins page for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We also do not include entrance fees to dive sites or Lake Michigan charter fees. A discounted charter rate is available for Advanced Open Water students upon request. Students are encouraged to book their Lake Michigan charter when registering for this course. Boat do fill up and all spots are issued on a first come first served basis.
For more information on the benefits of taking the PADI Advanced Open Water course and other specialties, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Course start dates: Dates are provide under the Course Dates dropdown above. If these dates do not work for you, email our Training Department to request additional dates.
Locations: Aquatic Adventures Inc, Pearl Lake, Lake Michigan, travel locations, more.
Certification: PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
Books: PADI Adventures in Diving Manual
Required Equipment: See our Open Water Equipment Checklist for a complete list of what you will need when doing open water dives.