Product Name: PADI Equipment Specialist
Product Manufacturer: PADI
Product Numbers: EQUIP
Become a more knowledgeable and confident diver by exploring the world of scuba equipment. In the PADI Equipment Specialist course, you learn how to make quick in the field repairs of minor issues that will keep you diving.
What the Course Covers
The PADI Equipment Specialist course is an introduction to the operation and proper maintenance of scuba equipment. In this class you will learn about the principles and operation of diving equipment, recommended care and maintenance procedures, common problems with equipment, and recommended professional maintenance procedures.
Included in the course is a lab where you will learn to perform basic repairs. Your instructor will also show you how to overcome common equipment problems and will offer suggestions on how to improve the configuration of your equipment.
This course also provides divers with simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new equipment.
One optional confined water dive may be included in the course to allow participants to try out new equipment.
Who Should Take this Course
The PADI Equipment Specialist course is designed for both new divers and divers interested in careers in the dive industry. For new divers, the course provides insights into how scuba equipment works and the best methods for selecting and configuring the equipment you will need when diving.
For divemaster candidates, instructor candidates and those wishing to work in the dive industry, the PADI Equipment Specialist course provides a thorough overview of scuba equipment and hands on training in basic repair.
- 10 years old or older
- PADI Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another agency
What’s Included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following:
- Classroom lecture series
- PADI Specialty certification fee
- Use of tools and equipment
What’s Not Included
- We do not include course DVDs. Most PADI specialties require you to view a video. Check with one of our training consultants by calling (262) 938-6827 to find out if this course requires you to view a DVD. If so, you can elect to purchase a DVD from Aquatic Adventures or come to the store to watch the video prior to your classroom session or open water dives.
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins page for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We also do not include entrance fees to dive sites or Lake Michigan charter fees. A discounted charter rate is available for students upon request. Students are encouraged to book their Lake Michigan charter when registering for classes conducted on Lake Michigan. Boats do fill up and all spots are issued on a first come first served basis.
For more information on the benefits of taking PADI Specialty courses, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Course start dates: Dates are provide under the Course Dates dropdown above. If these dates do not work for you, email our Training Department to request additional dates.
Locations: Aquatic Adventures Inc, Pearl Lake, Lake Michigan, more.
Certification: PADI Equipment Specialist
Books: PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Scuba Diving