Product Name: Beginning Scuba (PADI Open Water Diver)
Product Manufacturer: PADI
Product Numbers: OW12+, OW10-11, OWR12+, OWR10-11
Earn your beginning scuba certification by signing up for the PADI Open Water Diver course today!
This course introduces you to scuba through academic, pool, and lake or ocean training. During these scuba lessons, you will learn how to assemble, operate and break down your scuba kit. You will also learn basic scuba skills such as mask and regulator clearing, emergency air management, and dive planning.
When you complete this course, you will receive the PADI Open Water Diver certification. This certification level allows you to participate in many supervised and unsupervised dive activities. You will probably want to take additional training later, but the PADI Open Water Diver certification will send you on your way to many exciting underwater adventures!
Doing a Referral
If you are planning to complete your open water dives elsewhere, perhaps on a tropical vacation, select the option “None – Will Do Elsewhere” under OW Lake Dates when registering. This way you will be able to complete all of your academic and pool training before you leave, and you will have more time for fun and adventure when you arrive at your travel destination. To learn more about our referral program, see our PADI Referral Program page.
What’s Included in the Beginning Scuba Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following PADI materials:
- PADI Open Water Diver Touch Certification Pack (eLearning course)
- PADI Computer Simulator Access Card
- PADI Logbook
- Use of life support equipment (wetsuit, weights, tank, BCD, and regulator)
- Pool fees
- PADI Open Water Diver certification fee
This means you will have all the PADI materials needed to complete your academic training and set you on your way to becoming a certified diver. It also means you will save a substantial amount of classroom time over traditional PADI certification programs where you need to spend hours in a classroom. In addition, you will also own materials you can use and refer back to later.
Items Not Included
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you will need these items once you are a certified diver. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins page for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We also do not include entrance fees to dive sites. This includes but is not limited to park entrance fees, boat fees, travel, or parking fees as these fees can vary and are not under our control.
Our shopping cart can only display up to four class dates. Additional dates are available on our store calendar. If you wish to register for a date not being displayed, simply select “Will Choose Later”, and our staff will call you to find out which date you would like.
Prerequisites: 10 years of age, swimming proficiency (ability to perform a 200 yard swim and 10 minute tread)
Location: Aquatic Adventures, UWM Klotsche Center, (or other local pool), Pearl Lake (or other local lake) or Travel destination.
Get prepared for class: The PADI Open Water Diver Checklist will guide you through what you need to do before your class begins.
Need more information? Follow Jesse as she becomes a PADI Open Water Diver at Aquatic Adventures by watching the informational videos on our Jesse Gets Certified page.
Have questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions About Getting Scuba Certified page.