Product Name: PADI Rescue Diver
Product Manufacturer: PADI
Product Numbers: RESCUE
The PADI Rescue Diver course consists of both academic and practical application training Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you will learn what to look for and how to respond when problems arise on a dive. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills.
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
The PADI Rescue Diver course consists of classroom time, a written exam, rescue exercises, and practical application scenarios where you will learn to manage rescue operations. You will be required to view the PADI Rescue Diver DVD. The DVD can be purchased separately, or you can come to Aquatic Adventures to view the video prior to class.
Rescue exercises and the practical application scenarios must be conducted in open water over two days. This is typically done over a single weekend.
- 12 years old or older
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another agency
- Emergency First Response (or other CPR/First Aid training) within the last 24 months
- Logged open water dive within the last 3 months, OR
- Completion of the PADI Scuba Review course within the last 8 weeks
What’s included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following:
- PADI Rescue Diver manual and Rescue Slate
- Classroom training
- Five open water dives conducted under the direction of a PADI instructor
- PADI Rescue Diver certification fee
- Use of tanks and weights
What’s not included
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins page for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We also do not include entrance fees to dive sites. These fees are not under the control of Aquatic Adventures and could change at any time. Ask your training consultant or PADI instructor what the current fees are for the training location selected for your class.
For more information on the benefits of taking the PADI Rescue course and other specialties, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Course start dates: Dates are provide under the Course Dates dropdown above. If these dates do not work for you, email our Training Department to request additional dates.
Locations: Aquatic Adventures Inc, Pearl Lake, travel locations, more.
Certification: PADI Rescue Diver
Books: PADI Rescue Diver Manual and Rescue Slate
Required Equipment: See our Open Water Equipment Checklist for a complete list of what you will need when doing open water dives.