Product Name: PADI Wreck Diver
Product Manufacturer: PADI
Product Numbers: WRECK
There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring shipwrecks while scuba diving. Perhaps its the colorful history of the wreck, the thought of sunken treasure, or the massive structure of a once great ship that has vanished from the view of all but scuba divers. Sometimes it is the marine life attracted to these artificial reefs. Whatever attracts you to shipwreck diving, the PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course will get you on your way to safely exploring these breathtaking dive sites.
What the Course Covers
In the PADI Wreck Diver specialty course, you will learn how to map a wreck, run a reel line, and safely penetrate a wreck up to 130 linear feet from the surface. You will learn what to look for in a wreck reel, how do identify potential hazards on a wreck, and how to avoid entanglement. Conditions permitting, divers are allowed to penetrate a wreck on the final dive.
Get ready to experience history. Sign up for the PADI Wreck Diver class today.
- 15 years old or older
- PADI Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another agency
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another agency
- Logged open water dive within the last 3 months, OR
- Completion of the PADI Scuba Review course within the last 8 weeks
What’s Included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following:
- PADI Specialty manual
- One classroom session
- Three or Four open water dives
- PADI Specialty certification fee
- Use of tanks and weights
What’s Not Included
- We do not include course DVDs. Most PADI specialties require you to view a video. Check with one of our training consultants by calling (262) 938-6827 to find out if this course requires you to view a DVD. If so, you can elect to purchase a DVD from Aquatic Adventures or come to the store to watch the video prior to your classroom session or open water dives.
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins page for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We also do not include entrance fees to dive sites or Lake Michigan charter fees. A discounted charter rate is available for students upon request. Students are encouraged to book their Lake Michigan charter when registering for classes conducted on Lake Michigan. Boats do fill up and all spots are issued on a first come first served basis.
For more information on the benefits of taking PADI Specialty courses, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Course start dates: Dates are provide under the Course Dates dropdown above. If these dates do not work for you, choose Will Choose Later on the dropdown and our Training Department will call you to schedule a date.
Locations: Aquatic Adventures Inc, Pearl Lake, Lake Michigan, more.
Certification: PADI Wreck Diver
Books: PADI Wreck Diver Manual
Required Equipment: See our Open Water Equipment Checklist for a complete list of what you will need when doing open water dives.