As the second BCD in the new line of Atomic BCs, the Atomic BC2 provides back inflation while incorporating the same futuristic and incredibly tough features of the Atomic BC1 BCD. The Atomic BC2 is made of a unique double-laminated polyurethane-coated fabric and corrosion-resistant materials.
Because the exclusive Atomic BC series fabric is incredibly strong and durable, the BC2 can hold nearly double the pressure of standard BC materials. It is virtually impenetrable and resists abrasion, tears and punctures. The shell is self-cleaning, UV and stain-resistant and resists chemicals, mold, rot and mildew.
Watch the Video
The Atomic BC2 BCD has these amazing features:
- Exclusive laminated and coated waterproof fabric. This fabric is constructed of strong double-laminated polyurethane that sheds water.
- Ratcheting Cam-Lok tank band. The BC2 band works like ski and snowboard bindings to prevent slipping. There is no need to wet the BC1 strap before attaching like nylon web bands.
- Patented EZ-Lok weight release system. The BC2 weight pouches hold up to 10 pounds of lead, glide smoothly into pockets with little effort and release with a simple tug. There is no easier to load weight pocket on the market.
- Quilted backpad and adjustable lumbar pad. The BC2 backpad is designed to provide maximum comfort with even the carrying handle concealed behind the backpad.
- Sand-resistant zippers. The BC2 has self-sealing zippers that close completely to prevent sand and debris from clogging the teeth.
- Titanium-coated stainless steel D-rings. The BC2 D-rings are light, tough, corrosion-resistant and strategically placed for durability and convenience.
- Trim weight pockets. Load up to 5 pounds of lead in the BC2 trim pockets. The BC2 trim pockets are hidden within the rear part of the wing for easy access and maximum streamlining.
- Non-skid tank pad. Rigid molding secures your tank with top grade stainless steel hardware for superior tank security.
- “Dry glide” exhaust pull dumps. With two rigid pull dumps, the BC2 dumps won't float off where you can't locate them.
- High-performance inflation. A premium BCD deserves a premium inflator. That's why the BC2 does not come with an inflator. Instead, you can select the best inflation option for the diving you do. See Inflator Options to help you choose the option you prefer.
|SIZE ||HEIGHT (IN) ||WEIGHT (LBS) ||INCHES OVER THE SHOULDER ||WAIST INCHES ||LIFT|
|X-SMALL ||5’0″ – 5’5″ ||100-125 ||32-38 ||25-27 ||26 lbs|
|SMALL ||5’2″ – 5’7″ ||120-155 ||34-40 ||27-42 ||28 lbs|
|MEDIUM ||5’7″ – 5’10” ||150-165 ||39-45 ||30-45 ||32 lbs|
|MEDIUM-LARGE ||5’10” – 6’0″ ||160-190 ||41-47 ||31-47 ||36 lbs|
|LARGE ||6’0″ – 6’2″ ||180-210 ||43-49 ||35-50 ||39 lbs|
|X-LARGE ||6’2″ – 6’5″ ||195-240 ||45-51 ||37-52 ||38 lbs|
The Atomic BC2 BCD allows you to select the perfect inflator for you as an add-on to the BCD. Here are the options you can choose from:
- No inflator. Choose this option if you already have an Atomic SS1 Safe Second or another alternate inflator.
- Atomic AI Inflator. Choose this option if you are looking for a reliable and economical standard inflator. This option does not double as an alternate inflator (safe second). Choose from either the Atomic AI Stainless Steel Inflator or the AI Titanium Inflator.
- Atomic SS1 Alternate Inflator. The Atomic SS1 Alternate Inflator doubles as your octopus, keeping your configuration streamlined and lighter weight by eliminating a hose and combining your inflator and octopus. Choose from either the Atomic SS1 Stainless Steel or the Atomic SS1 Titanium Alternate Inflators.