You learned the basic scuba survival skills in your Open Water Diver class. Now you’re ready to explore the underwater world. The Advanced Open Water Diver course can open up the world of diving for you by giving you training in underwater photography, deep diving, wreck diving, night diving, boat diving, and more. Whether you have just completed your Open Water Diver course or have hundreds of dives, this course can give you the confidence, skills, and experience to explore many new diving activities.
The knowledge and skills you gain in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interests and the adventures you have, but all of our courses include:
- Deeper diving (typically anywhere from 60-100 feet)
- Training in how to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer
- An introduction to three more Adventure Dives
To take this course you must be/ have:
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Logged an open water dive within the last 3 months, OR
- Completion of the PADI ReActivate/Scuba Review course within the last 8 weeks
Our course fee includes the following:
- PADI Advanced Open Water eLearning - Touch PADI
- Advanced Open Water Slate
- Five open water dives conducted under the direction of a PADI instructor
- A charter out on Lake Michigan on Sunday (weather permitting)
- PADI Advanced Open Water certification fee
- Use of tanks and weights
For more information on the benefits of taking the PADI Advanced Open Water course and other specialties, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Course start dates are provided below. If these dates do not work for you, choose the January 1 class and our Training Department will call you to schedule a date.
Items Not Included
- We do not include the following dive equipment. You will need to own an underwater pencil, an underwater flashlight, and a dive knife for this course. If you do not own the necessary dive equipment you can purchase it at Aquatic Adventures.
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins). as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins pages for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We do not include entrance fees to dive sites. This includes but is not limited to park entrance fees, travel, or parking fees as these fees can vary and are not under our control.
Customized schedules can be arranged for an additional fee. If the dates provided below do not work, select the 01 JAN class. Someone from our staff will call you to arrange another date. You can also call us at (262) 938-6827 to arrange for customized schedules and private instruction. Our team will work with your schedule to ensure you can complete your training.