The PADI Adventure Diver course introduces you to new types of scuba diving adventures. With more than 20 different types of adventure dives to choose, the possibilities are nearly limitless. Come join the fun!
What You Learn
Our Adventure Diver program typically includes one evening preparing for our dives and one Saturday of diving. The knowledge and skills you get in the Adventure Diver course vary with your interests and the adventures you have, but here are some of the possibilities:
- How to better use your dive computer
- How to improve your buoyancy
- How to identify fish
- How to look for lost objects underwater
- How to make deep dives
- How to use your compass
To take this course, you must be:
- PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 10 years old (10 and 11 year olds cannot complete deep dives)
- Logged an open water dive within the last 3 months, OR
- Completion of the PADI ReActivate/Scuba Review course within the last 8 weeks
Our course fee includes the following:
- PADI Advanced Open Water eLearning - Touch PADI
- Advanced Open Water Slate
- Three open water dives conducted under the direction of a PADI instructor
- PADI Adventure Diver certification fee
- Use of tanks and weights
For more information on the benefits of taking the PADI Advanced Open Water course and other specialties, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Course start dates are provide below. If these dates do not work for you, choose the January 1 class and our Training Department will call you to schedule a date.
What's Not Included
- We do not include the following dive equipment. You will need to own an underwater pencil, an underwater flashlight, and a dive knife for this course. If you do not own the necessary dive equipment you can purchase it at Aquatic Adventures.
- We do not include course DVDs. Most PADI specialties require you to view a video. Check with one of our training consultants by calling (262) 938-6827 to find out if this course requires you to view a DVD. If so, you can elect to purchase a DVD from Aquatic Adventures or come to the store to watch the video prior to your classroom session or open water dives.
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins pages for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We also do not include entrance fees to dive sites or Lake Michigan charter fees. A discounted charter rate is available for students upon request. Students are encouraged to book their Lake Michigan charter when registering for classes conducted on Lake Michigan. Boats do fill up and all spots are issued on a first come first served basis.
Customized schedules can be arranged for an additional fee. If the dates provided below do not work, select the 01 JAN class. Someone from our staff will call you to arrange another date. You can also call us at (262) 938-6827 to arrange for customized schedules and private instruction. Our team will work with your schedule to ensure you can complete your training.