As an avid snorkeler or diver, you want to share your underwater experiences with your friends and family. What better way than through underwater photography. In the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course, you will learn about the latest in underwater cameras and learn the special techniques necessary to take great underwater photos. Book a class today and amaze your friends!
In the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty course you will learn how to:
- Choose the right underwater camera system
- You will learn the principles of good composition of underwater images and practice these techniques for taking great pictures
- Use the PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine, Adjust) method for getting great pictures
Once you know how to make and take beautiful pictures you will be guided on two scuba dives where you will use these technique. You can count your photo experience as an Adventure Dive and get credit toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification. Book a PADI Digital Underwater Photographer class today!
To take this class you must be/have:
Our course fee includes the following:
- PADI Specialty manual and White Balance slate
- Two or more classroom sessions
- One snorkel dive for snorkelers, OR
- Two open water dives for divers
- Use of underwater cameras and lights
- PADI Specialty certification fee for Level One (Snorkelers) or Level Two (Divers)
- Use of tanks and weights
For more information on the benefits of taking PADI Specialty courses, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Course start dates are provide below. If these dates do not work for you, choose the January 1 class and our Training Department will call you to schedule a date.
What's Not Included
- We do not include course DVDs. Most PADI specialties require you to view a video. Check with one of our training consultants by calling (262) 938-6827 to find out if this course requires you to view a DVD. If so, you can elect to purchase a DVD from Aquatic Adventures or come to the store to watch the video prior to your classroom session or open water dives.
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins pages for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We also do not include entrance fees to dive sites or Lake Michigan charter fees. A discounted charter rate is available for students upon request. Students are encouraged to book their Lake Michigan charter when registering for classes conducted on Lake Michigan. Boats do fill up and all spots are issued on a first come first served basis.
Customized schedules can be arranged for an additional fee. If the dates provided below do not work, select the 01 JAN class. Someone from our staff will call you to arrange another date. You can also call us at (262) 938-6827 to arrange for customized schedules and private instruction. Our team will work with your schedule to ensure you can complete your training.