Whether you have never made a boat dive or have logged dozens, the PADI Boat Diver specialty course will provide you a thorough understanding of boat diving techniques and concerns. Be prepared for your next boat dive by signing up for the PADI Boat Diver specialty today. (See full course description below.)
Many dive sites are accessible only by boat. That’s why training and experience in boat diving are essential for nearly every dive. The PADI Boat Diver specialty is a great way to get that training and experience while under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
What the Course Covers
The PADI Boat Diver course covers proper boat operation for diving, entry and exit techniques appropriate to various types of boats, special equipment needs for boat diving, dive light options, and special navigation considerations
- Boat terminology
- Boat diving procedures and etiquette
- Proper entries and exits
- How to stow your gear
- Boating safety
Students view the PADI Boat Diver video, attend one classroom session on boat diving theory and techniques, and complete a total of two boat dives.
Diving from a boat is fun, especially when you look at ease when maneuvering around on it. So sign up for the PADI Boat Diver specialty today!
- 10 years old or older
- PADI Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another agency
- Logged open water dive within the last 3 months, OR
- Completion of the PADI Scuba Review course within the last 8 weeks
What's Included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following
- PADI Specialty manual
- Two open water dives conducted under the direction of a PADI instructor
- PADI Specialty certification fee
- Use of tanks and weight
What's not included
- We do not include the following dive equipment. You will need to own a signal tube (SMB) for this course. If you do not own the necessary dive equipment you can purchase it at Aquatic Adventures.
- We do not include course DVDs. Most PADI specialties require you to view a video. Check with one of our training consultants by calling (262) 938-6827 to find out if this course requires you to view a DVD. If so, you can elect to purchase a DVD from Aquatic Adventures or come to the store to watch the video prior to your classroom session or open water dives
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins page for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827. You can also rent these items if you wish. See our Rent Scuba Equipment webpage for current prices.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We also do not include entrance fees to dive sites or Lake Michigan charter fees. A discounted charter rate is available for students upon request. Students are encouraged to book their Lake Michigan charter when registering for classes conducted on Lake Michigan. Boats do fill up and all spots are issued on a first come first served basis.
For more information on the benefits of taking PADI Specialty courses, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Dates for upcoming classes are provided below. If these dates do not work, select the 01 JAN class. Someone from our staff will call you to arrange another date. Customized schedules can be arranged for an additional fee.