There is something enticing about the thought of exploring a shipwreck. Something exhilarating about experiencing a piece of history firsthand. If you are one of those divers who dreams of exploring shipwrecks, sign up for the PADI Wreck Diver course today, and get started at making those dreams a reality.
There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring shipwrecks while scuba diving. Perhaps its the colorful history of the wreck, the thought of sunken treasure, or the massive structure of a once great ship that has vanished from the view of all but scuba divers. Whatever attracts you to shipwreck diving, the PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course will get you on your way to safely exploring these breathtaking dive sites.
What the Course Covers
In the PADI Wreck Diver specialty course, you will learn:
- How to map a wreck
- How to run a reel line
- How to safely penetrate a wreck up to 130 linear feet from the surface
- What to look for in a wreck reel
- How do identify potential hazards on a wreck and how to avoid entanglement
Conditions permitting, divers are allowed to penetrate a wreck on the final dive. Get ready to experience history. Book a PADI Wreck Diver class today.
What’s Included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following:
- PADI Specialty manual
- One classroom session
- Four open water dives
- PADI Specialty certification fee
- Use of tanks and weights
What’s Not Included
- We do not include the following dive equipment. You will need to own an underwater pencil, an underwater flashlight, a dive knife, an underwater slate, and a wreck reel that has at least 140 ft of line for this course. If you do not own the necessary dive equipment you can purchase it at Aquatic Adventures.
- We do not include course DVDs. Most PADI specialties require you to view a video. Check with one of our training consultants by calling (262) 938-6827 to find out if this course requires you to view a DVD. If so, you can elect to purchase a DVD from Aquatic Adventures or come to the store to watch the video prior to your classroom session or open water dives.
- We do not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, boots, and fins) as you should have purchased these items during your Open Water Diver course. There is a student discount on purchasing these items when you buy from Aquatic Adventures if you do not own them. See our How to Purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins page for more information or calls us at (262) 938-6827.
- We do not include basic life support equipment. If you do not own your own wetsuit or dry suit, regulator, or BCD, we do provide a discounted student rate for you to rent these items. Ask your training consultant at the time of registration what these rates will be. Standard rental rates can be found on this website on our Rent Scuba Equipment page.
- We do not include entrance fees to dive sites or Lake Michigan charter fees. If you plan to do your dives on Lake Michigan, we recommend signing up for a charter as soon as possible. Boats do fill up and all spots are issued on a first come first served basis.
For more information on the benefits of taking PADI Specialty courses, see Frequently Asked Questions About Continuing Diver Education.
Dates for upcoming classes are provided below. If these dates do not work, select the 01 JAN class. Someone from our staff will call you to arrange another date. Customized schedules can be arranged for an additional fee.